Medical Educational Servicessm (FMES) for Florida CNA's Accreditation
It is the licensee’s responsibility to know your state board
or professional organization accreditation requirements. Please call your licensing board or council if you have any questions.
FLORIDA CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANTS
- FMES-FloridaCNAceus.com is approved as a provider of continuing education for Florida CNAs by
the Florida Board of Nursing. Our provider number with CEBroker is 744. FMES will submit ce credits to CEBroker, if you hold a current Florida license. All of our programs are approved by the Florida Board of Nursing.
Certified Nursing Assistants are required by the Florida Board of Nursing to complete 12 in-service hours per calendar year that shall include the following subject areas during the biennium:
Be sure to look for the "#2 package - Mandatory 12 hour in service for CNAs" TEST title on the course list. (only $24.96), if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call (386-325-5790 or email).
What are the mandatory subject areas?
- Blood Borne Pathogens, HIV/AIDS, Infection Control; (3 hours)
- Domestic Violence; (2 hours)
- Medical Record Documentation and Legal Aspects Appropriate to Nursing Assistants;
- Resident Rights; (2 hours)
- Communication with cognitively impaired clients; (1 hour)
- CPR skills; (1 hour)
- Medical Error Prevention and Safety. (2 hours)
Help, I need another 12 hours of continuing education.
To earn a 2nd set of 12 hours for only $9.96 - Pass the course titled: #1 package - 12 hour inservice training for CNAs only
This 2nd package includes:
Patient Assessment; (3 hours)
• Alzheimer's Disease; (2 hours)
• CNA Ethics and Professionalism; (1 hour)
• Hand Hygiene; (2 hours)
• My Aching Back (1 hour)
• HIPAA; (1 hour)
• Assistance with Self Medication. (2 hours)
Florida CNA license renewal
The Florida Board of Nursing is moving all CNAs expiration month to the end of May. The Board of Nursing sends out renewal letters to your last known address. It is your responsibility to keep your address current with the Nursing Assistant Registry. We report credits to CEBroker, the state's auditing system.
Certified Nursing Assistants are renewed by the department in two groups:
Group 1 – current license will expire at midnight, Eastern Time, May 31, 2017.
Group 2 – current licenses will expire at midnight, Eastern Time, May 31, 2018